Delaware Bay Lighthouse Keepers

& Friends Association, Inc. 

"Our mission is to preserve the history of the Delaware Bay

 and River Lighthouses, Lightships and their Keepers."

 

Home
Lighthouses
How to Join
News Letter
Calendar of Events
Contact Us
Links
Merchandise
Guestbook

Reedy Island Rear Range Light

Delaware Bay, Delaware

 

On February 16, 1904 the light from this station was first lit. It was shown from atop a 100-foot tall temporary lantern post with a hoisting apparatus. Quite a bit of time would pass before the permanent light tower would be put into operation. The structure was complete and its lantern lit for the first time on July 27, 1910. The light tower remains much the same today except that it now has a fixed re light thatís visible throughout 24 hours. The lighthouse has undergone major repair work and maintenance work; the tower has been repainted and the concrete foundation piers have been rehabilitated.

Web Hosting by bluehost

The Delaware Bay Lighthouse Keepers & Friends Association (DBLHKFA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit preservation and educational organization.

Site Copyright 2004, Delaware Bay Lighthouse Keepers and Friends Association unless otherwise noted.  All images on site are copyright 2004 DBLHKFA unless otherwise noted.  For problems or questions regarding this web site contact kelly@delawarebaylightkeeper-friend.org.  Last updated: Mar. 26, 2009.